Chairperson – directs board meetings, sends out agendas before each board meeting, is designated to be the executive member to work with Coordinator in regards to and questions, grievances. Can vote on motions.
Past Chair- assists the chairperson, and supports the new chair as they learn their new role. Ensures continuity to the organization through his or her recent experience as Chair.
Co-Chairperson – chairs board meetings in the absence of Chairperson. Able to make executive decisions in absence of the Chairperson.
Secretary – take minutes at Executive meetings and sends minutes to coordinator to be sent to members before each board meeting. Can vote on motions.
Treasurer – reviews budget in conjunction with accountant/coordinator and gives financial reports at board meetings. Can vote on motions.
Programming Committee shall consist of a student as Chairperson and those Members interested in developing programming for the clinic. This Committee shall be empowered to make decisions regarding clinic programs and shall be responsible to SEARCH Council. Members of this committee will be interested in corresponding with community members. The Programming Committee shall meet at least once per month.
- Plan, facilitate and attend any community/promotional events.
- Plan social and health related programs for the clinic and community for SEARCH.
Community Liaison/Public Relations Committee
The Public Relations Committee shall consist of a student as Chairperson and those Members interested in increasing public awareness of SEARCH. This Committee shall be responsible to create and/or order all SEARCH advertising and promotional material; distribute advertising material with the aid of the appropriate SEARCH Council members. The Public Relations Committee shall meet at least once per month.
- Create and facilitates visibility and awareness in the community.
- Organize media strategies.
- Assist with maintenance and make recommendations for the SEARCH website.
- Create/make recommendations for the marketing and communications of all SEARCH activities.
This Committee shall be responsible for attending meetings of various community groups and organizing joint initiatives with community groups.
Fundraising & Grants Committee
The Grants Committee shall consist of a student as Chairperson and those Members interested in submitting grants and proposals for the SEARCH. This Committee shall be responsible for writing grant proposals, lobbying the government and the university administration, and creating materials to support funding proposals. The Fundraising/Grants Committee shall meet at least once per month.
- To complete applications and presentations to potential donors, provincial and federal governments, granting agencies and foundations.
- To plan events to raise money for SEARCH.
- To develop an annual fundraising strategy, including goals, timelines, donor recognition and the image the SEARCH presents to potential donors. To identify contacts who might be potential supporters.
Volunteer Retention/Faculty Liaison Committee
The Faculty Committee shall consist of a Student as Chairperson and those Members interested in developing programming for the clinic. Faculty representatives from each college/university shall be invited to attend all Faculty Committee meetings and upon request, as necessary. Faculty representatives shall attend at least two General Meetings per year. This committee shall formalize correspondence between SEARCH Council and faculty representatives regarding the workings of SEARCH as they relate to each college/university. The Faculty Committee shall meet at least once per month. This committee shall also be responsible for the recruitment and retention of all student and mentor volunteers. This is potentially through volunteer/career fairs, faculty liaison, etc.
The Policy Committee shall consist of a student as Chairperson and those Members interested in contributing to the functioning of SEARCH. This Committee shall deal with the legal and organizational structure of SEARCH, including but not limited to: policy, bylaws, amendments. The Policy Committee shall meet at least once per month.
- develop policies for SEARCH as required and an ongoing basis as the organization evolves.
- develop and revise scopes of practice for the existing colleges represented, and future colleges.
- develop and make amendments to the bylaws and constitution of SEARCH.
- will work in close relations with Regina Qu’Appelle Health Region/Four Directions ensuring specific protocols are adhered to.
Clinical Liaison Committee
The Clinical Liaison Committee shall consist of a Councillor as Chairperson and those Members interest in clinical functioning. This committee shall be responsible for but not limited to: developing and maintaining clinical resources and tools, organizing clinical flow, recruitment and retention of health professional mentors and students, creating and maintaining clinical safety protocols; as well as, continuing and strengthening correspondence between health colleges at the University of Saskatchewan, University of Regina, and Saskatchewan Polytechnic. This committee shall be accountable to the SEARCH Council. The Clinical Liaison Committee shall meet at least once per month.